Friday, July 20, 2007

I (finally) decided on a project that I want to work on while I'm home for the summer. Too bad summer's almost over. Oh well. I decided I'm going to make a hat. Yes, I usually knit hats, scarves, etc. in the winter, but this isn't just any hat. It has a knit top, but it's a wide brim - similar to the hats in Marc Jacobs' Fall 2007 "ready to wear" collection. They have a very "Audrey Hepburn" type feel and I love that style! So I'm probably crazy for even attempting it, but I'm excited. I already have some ideas for new designs! ...maybe I'll be a hat designer... hmmm... I'll have to post some pics once I get it done.
I also finally got my visa application sent off for my Vienna trip. We were having problems, with the school financial account and the insurance company, so it took longer that I had hoped. It's always hard when you're ready to do something but you're waiting on someone else. Wir müssen Geduld haben. But it's taken care of now and that gets rid of a lot of stress.

No comments:

"My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities."
- Diana Ross