Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving... Europen Style.

As you may know, Thanksgiving is a North American holiday. So, being in Austria during the holiday led us to question what exactly we would be doing. To celebrate or to not celebrate.... that definitely was the question. Luckily for us, (instead of paying the 20+ Euro for the dinner that school set up) Elder and Sister Robison set up a huge Thanksgiving Dinner for us at the LDS Institute Building. It was great! We all pitched in and made a wonderful dinner. I was put in charge of the sweet potatoes and so I got to make my sweet potato cheesecake and some candied sweet potatoes. I thought they turned out pretty good.



Kimberlee, Heather, and Anne
making mashed potatoes


David being domestic... way to go Dave!

Our dinner was really good, and it was fun to have us all eating together like that. After we stuffed ourselves on turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied sweet potatoes, stuffing, peas, fruit salad, and rolls, it was time for dessert. There were pumpkin pies, apple crisp, and of course, my sweet potato cheese cake. We all ate so much it hurt!! After dessert, a couple of us went for a walk to try and alleviate some of the pain. Then it was time for the talent show.

Dessert... Guess which one I made. :)

The first act was an interpretive dance themed on the First Thanksgiving. I think “interesting” would be a good word for it. We could hardly hear the music because everyone was laughing so hard! It was great! Our second act was me. OK, so that sounded really weird. I played my guitar. It was kind of funny, because I didn’t know that I was going second and so when they called my name, I still hadn’t picked a song to do. I had to kill some time with the story of Marty – my guitar – while I chose a song to sing. It was fun though and I thought it went rather well. After that, we were graced with everything from hula dancing, to music videos, to violin concertos! Over all, it was definitely a great day.

1 comment:

Liesl said...

I'm commenting. I, uh... frankly, don't know what to say. I look forward to your post about my nose.

"My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities."
- Diana Ross