Monday, July 14, 2008

Come one, Come all!! It's the National Folk Festival!!!

Need I say more? The National Folk Festival has been around for 70 years... and this is the first time it's been west of the Mississippi!

I was lucky enough to still be "stuck" in Butte this past weekend, so I went uptown to enjoy some of the festival. It was so much fun! It was hard to walk down the street without dancing. There were stages with bands playing all over the place, booths set up selling anything imaginable. The air smelled like grilling meat and kettle corn. Mmmmmm....

It was impossible to see everyone that played, but my two favorite bands were Le Vent du Nord and Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Chas. The only thing cooler than a band with an accordion is a band with an accordion and either a hurdy gurdy or a rub board! Woo Hoo!!

And the best part.... the Festival will be here for two more years!! So grab your friends and get ready to head up to Montana for a music filled weekend next July!

1 comment:

meagan said...

glad to hear the cultural scene is alive and well in Butte. I'm excited to see you in August. Thanks for your sweet comments~ any good mail lately?

"My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities."
- Diana Ross