Thursday, August 30, 2007

Austria

Guten Tag Familien und Freunden! I'm in Vienna! I still can't quite believe that I'm really here. Everything over the past couple days has been a blur, but so exciting! I couldn't sleep very well on the flight over to Austria, but I did end up making a new friend. My seat partner was a guy from Albania named Erjon. We had a blast trying to pass the time on the plane. We arrived here the morning of the 30th and then we spent the whole day walking around the city, trying to stay awake. Vienna was lightly overcast when we got in and we did get rained on a little bit. We also stopped to get some icecream. It was spectacular! Then last night we ate at a wonderful little Italian pizzeria. The food was so good!
We stayed in a hotel last night and this morning, we had a little problem with our clocks. We woke up at 5 and were all ready to go down to breakfast when we realized that we were an hour ahead! Today we have orientation and then we're going to meet our host families! So far we haven't done much in the way of speaking German, but hopefully that'll change once we get with our families.
I've gotta run - it's time for breakfast for real this time. I'll post pictures soon!
Bis spater!

1 comment:

meagan said...

Yippee for you! How great that you are in Vienna! I can't wait to hear about your host family, see pictures and hear more stories. Good for you Ally! I am so excited for you!

"My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities."
- Diana Ross